We currently have a number of vacancies:
Please scroll down this page to read about our vacancies.
Subcontractors – Insurance Repairs
Our Specialist Insurance Repair Department are looking for subcontractors across all trades.
Insurance repair works range from a full underpinning scheme, to repairing damage caused by vehicle impact, fire, flooding or an escape of water.
Pickford Builders work closely with leading insurance companies, specialist loss adjusters and engineers to repair all types of insured risks to domestic, commercial and industrial premises, usually whilst still occupied.
It is important that both our subcontractors are sympathetic and work with building owners and/or occupants to complete the repairs to a high standard, with minimal disruption and inconvenience.
If you would like to register your interest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or apply in writing to: Pickford Builders Ltd, Unit 18, Zone D, Chelmsford Road Industrial Estate, Dunmow, Essex CM6 1HD
Vacancy for Working Site Supervisor
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Working site Supervisor to join our reputable and long established local Building Company.
The role is with our busy contract works department dealing with traditional building works throughout Essex and South Suffolk region. The company works with domestic and commercial clients.
The candidate will need to demonstrate the ability to manage the works of direct trades operatives and sub-contractors, whilst being able to deal with carrying out practical tasks of work. The role will involve the management of the site works, supported by the office based team. The right candidate will be given the opportunity to develop the role, with training as necessary and to work with a number of work streams that our company is involved with.
As a Working site Supervisor your duties will include:
- Site based, working with our own tradesmen and specialist subcontractors to work on and oversee the daily operations on projects. Typically ranging £20 – 250k and occasionally larger
- To liaise with office team, clients and professionals to keep the information flow
- To assist in preparing and then monitor sequence programmes
- Ensure correct use of site Health & Safety procedures and to assist in preparing Health and safety documentation
- Site documents records keeping
- Coordinate site operations, including arranging delivery and storage of materials
- Set standards and oversee quality of works
- Monitoring effective management of appointed subcontractors and their workmanship
- Work in conjunction with Pickford Builders Ltd to manage client expectations.
Ideally you will have the following:
- Must have SMSTS
- First aid qualification
- Tradesman and must have a wide based knowledge of the building practices
- Previous experience in a similar role an advantage.
Other qualities required of the successful individual:
- The person should be a positive individual prepared to join our team of dedicated professionals
- The candidate should be capable of working as part of a team but also function well on their own
- They must have excellent communication skills
- Must possess a current driving licence
Pickford builders Ltd welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation
Please email your CV to email@example.com or apply in writing to: Pickford Builders Ltd, Unit 18, Zone D, Chelmsford Road Industrial Estate, Dunmow, Essex CM6 1HD