We do update this Policy from time to time, so please review it regularly.
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
Pickford Builders Ltd is responsible for ensuring that this policy is made available to you prior to Pickford Builders Ltd collecting/processing your personal data.
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you use our website, for example, when you contact us about products and services. We may also collect information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information we collect will include your name, address and email address.
How is your information used?
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services,
- To provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information,
- To inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products,
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity.
Who has access to your information?
Please be reassured that we will not release your information to third parties beyond ourselves for direct marketing purposes, unless you have requested us to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
Under what circumstances will Pickford Builders Ltd contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures.
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email or post unless you have given your prior consent. You can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 01371 872534.
How you can access and update your information
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Pickford Builders Ltd refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain.
Security precautions are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information.
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed Pickford Builders Ltd, or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with Matthew Robertson by emailing email@example.com.
Transferring your information outside of Europe
As part of the services offered to you through this website, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (“EU”). By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside of the EU. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK. By submitting your personal data, you’re agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. If we transfer your information outside of the EU in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Policy.
Third Party Links